ATP Template with bundler



Contact your local police via their 101 number with as much detail as possible about the person and give the person's name and address and the address of the garage. They will then pass the information onto the relevant department. Also seek advice from the police on how to warn other garage owners and neighbours as to any possible danger.

The Police will then consider what action to take.  Reporting is very important as intelligence gathering and evidence will need to be collated.

You can also report it to the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321.
If you feel that the situation is an emergency then you should always dial 999. 


Costs of various certificates are,

  • Grant of Firearms certificate - £88
  • Grant of Shot gun certificate - £79.50
  • Renewal of Firearms certificate - £62
  • Renewal of Shot gun certificate - £49
  • Replacement of a certificate lost or destroyed - £4
  • Firearm and shotgun co-terminous grants - £90
  • Firearm and shotgun co-terminous renewal - £65
  • Variation - £20
  • Explosive certificate, in some cases it is currently free but there are types of explosive certificates where a fee is payable, check with your forces explosive officer/firearms licensing department for more details.
  • Visitors' permit (1-5 people) - £20 per person
  • Visitors' group permit (6 or more people) - £100 for the group

You must immediately notify the relevant police force of any change of address. There will be details of the exact person/department to notify within the papers received concerning the certificate.

Please note that all calls to police involving firearms are treated as if it is a genuine firearm so be aware that if you do wave an imitation firearm around you could find yourself surrounded by firearms officers pointing real weapons at you.


A firearm or shotgun certificate normally last for five years from the date it is issued or renewed.

There are two types of Explosive Certificates:

Acquire Only: allows a person to corporate body to obtain explosives which are used straight away and are not kept overnight.

Acquire and Keep: allows a person or corporate body to obtain explosives and keep them in an approved storage place.

These certificates last for a maximum of five years, in line with shotgun/firearm certificates.

Contact your local police force

Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

If you can't find the answer?

Submit A Question