All content (including any of PNLD's responses to queries) published on this website belongs to PNLD (other than any information given that is produced under an Open Government Licence). All rights reserved. You must obtain prior permission for republication
or redistribution of any content.
By submitting a query you acknowledge that your query and answer is submitted and answered in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
Your question must be a general question about the law and/or practice. We cannot provide speciﬁc legal advice in relation to individual cases. If this is what you require, you should contact the local police force dealing with the matter directly, and/or
contact a solicitor for legal advice.
Any response to a question is for reference purposes only and not legal advice; no lawyer-client relationship is created between the person asking the question and the person answering it. Where appropriate, you should consult your own lawyer for legal
- You must not provide any conﬁdential information to us, including any details that might identify a matter or parties to it.
We will endeavour to respond to questions as soon as possible but are under no obligation to respond to a question. Generally, a question will be answered within two working days of the question being submitted. We try to be as helpful as possible, however
because of constraints on time, we are normally only able to spend a limited amount of time on a particular question. If the question is a specialist question, it may take longer than two working days to reply. In some cases, longer delays may occur
owing to a high volume of queries or the non-availability of staff for unavoidable reasons.
Your query and answer may be used to create new content on the Ask the Police website where it will be available for view. Your question will be published anonymously and not include any of your personal information. Your question may be moderated and
amended before publication (including the addition of a title). We reserve the right, at our discretion, to edit, remove (in whole or in part) or republish any content on the website.
- PNLD is not responsible for any loss, damage or cost resulting from any decisions that are made in reliance on answers given.
PNLD make no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy of the content or replies and shall be under no circumstances whatever liable to you, whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of proﬁt, any damage to
property or any indirect, economic or consequential loss arising in connection with the answers given.
- In addition, to the maximum extent permitted by law, PNLD shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from:
- any errors in or omissions in the replies given or the content of the website;
- the unavailability or interruption to the website; or
- any negligence of PNLD in connection with the content of the website.