ATP Template with bundler

Daily Highlights


It means that more than likely you have been flashed by a speed camera or gone through a red light or committed another minor traffic offence.

The exact offence will be stated on the summons, along with the date of the court appearance - you must attend court on this date. If you can't attend, you must contact the court as soon as possible. You may be able to plead guilty by post to the alleged offence, the summons will explain your options.


Although it was not you that has been stopped by the police, you must still go to court. This is to make a statutory declaration (a sworn statement) to that effect. The court will then adjourn the matter back to the police who will need to make further enquiries.

It is important that you attend court otherwise a warrant will be issued. If you cannot make it on the day in question, contact the court to advise them.


If you have missed a court date then a warrant will be issued for your arrest. It is advisable to go to your local police station or Magistrates Court as soon as possible to hand yourself in.

Contact your local police force

Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

If you can't find the answer?

Submit A Question