ATP Template with bundler



No, it is not allowed. The right to vote for a particular political party is one that you must freely make yourself. It is important that you fill the form in and post it yourself.

It is an offence to impersonate another person at an election and if you know anyone who is doing this you should report the person to your local police via their 101 number.


Yes, you have to register with the Mail Preference Service. Your name will then be added to a register of households who do not wish to receive unsolicited mail. Most Direct Mail companies do abide by this as they do not want to waste time and money sending mail that is not wanted.

There are three ways to register with the Mail Preference Service:
  • via the internet, see the website in Related Information 
  • by telephoning  0845 703 4599
  • via the mail at The Mailing Preference Service, DMA House, 70 Margaret Street, London W1W 8SS.
Using the internet to register is a very simple and quick method.

Other options such as a sign or letter on your door/letterbox, returning the post to the sender can also assist.


You need to contact the Camera Unit of the Central Ticket Office (sometimes called Central Process Bureau or similar) of the force concerned to ask for a copy and in most circumstances you will be issued with a copy document.

If it was a conditional offer and you have failed to pay or contact the Camera Unit, you may be issued with a summons to attend court.

If it was a summons you must contact the court in question as a failure to appear at court could lead to a warrant for your arrest being issued.

Do not delay. There are time limits on these processes and they can get more expensive (or even lead to your arrest) if you do nothing.


Here are a few tips on how to make your home more secure:

  • Install a visual burglar alarm.
  • Install windows and doors that have a key operated lock.
  • Tell a trusted neighbour if you are going on holiday; ask if they would perhaps draw the curtains on an evening.
  • Consider joining your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.
  • Have a chain and a peephole on your door/s.
  • Lock the garden shed.
  • Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house. Do not leave any window open.
  • Remember to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn the key).
  • Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you're just out in the garden.
  • Keep all keys out of view, in a place where you can quickly find them.
  • Fit a restrictor to your letterbox.
  • Put your lights or a radio on a timer when you are out in the evening.
  • Mark your property with a postcode and a house number, then register it with Immobilise. See, which is a free website where you can register any property that has a serial number.

For detailed advice on making your home secure, please see Related Information. The Crime Prevention Officer at your local police force will also be able to assist.

Contact your local police force

Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

If you can't find the answer?

Submit A Question