- Switch off the appliance immediately.
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room.
- Leave the property immediately.
- Shut off the gas at the supply.
- Do not use again until repaired/replaced.
- Call the National Grid on 0800 111 999.
- Contact your GP/casualty or an ambulance depending on the seriousness of the effects.
- Ensure the appliance is fixed/repaired by a Gas Safe registered repairer.
The emergency services advise the fitting of a Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm in the house, thus protecting lives and property.