ATP Template with bundler



Both the prostitutes and the kerb-crawlers are committing criminal offences by carrying out these activities. You need to inform the police, obtaining as much information as you can about the people involved, the names of those believed to be soliciting and the vehicle registration numbers of any suspected kerb-crawlers. However, do not put yourself at risk. If in doubt, contact your nearest police station via 101.

Warning letters, injunctions and prosecution are some of the tactics used by police and other agencies in an attempt to combat offences such as these.


There are many local organisations that offer help and support for prostitutes, there are also a number of national organisations who will be able to help and will have information on local groups. See links in Related Information for details.

The organisations can offer advice on sexual health, counselling and advice on how to leave prostitution.


This is a 'hidden crime' perpetrated from behind closed doors. If you notice suspicious activity at any premises, you should report the matter to the local police by dialling 101 or, anonymously, through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Thousands of girls and young women from the UK and the rest of the world are groomed, conned, coerced and forced into prostitution in every town and city in the UK. They are the victims of well organised gangs of criminals that make millions from this awful trade. It is estimated that about 10 - 15% of people reading this answer will have a brothel within a few hundred yards of their home.

The organisation Parents against Sexual Exploitation (Pace) has a lot of useful information on the issue including help for worried parents who want to know the signs in case their own children get into the wrong company.

Contact your local police force

Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

If you can't find the answer?

Submit A Question