Festivals are full of fun-loving crowds who have come to enjoy the experience and have fun. They are also extremely busy so it is important to keep your wits about you and be prepared. Below we have set out some key guidance to follow to ensure you stay safe while making the most of your festival experience.
- Leave your valuables at home if possible
- Mark your tent/property with your name and postcode
- Avoid wandering off alone - there is safety in numbers
- Never leave your drink unattended.
- Arrange a meeting point in case any of you lose your phone/battery dies and can't be contacted.
- See Q234 for advice on general personal safety.
Generally there is a lot of drinking/drug taking at festivals and it is important to know your limits. Drinking to excess can affect your judgement and result in you making silly decisions. Please see related links for a more extensive list on festival safety.