Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q98: I think my friend/teenage child is taking drugs, what can I do?

    In the first instance it might be worth speaking to your friend/child in a tactful calm way. There is often not a lot that a parent or friend can do without professional help unless the person themselves is willing to admit that they have a problem. The organisations listed in related websites will be able to offer support and help you to take the right sort of approach.

    CanSS helpline (for cannabis & skunk) Tel 0808 1606606 (Mon - Fri 9am to 1pm; Sun 10am - 1pm and Mon - Thur evenings 7pm - 10:30pm) which offers support - mainly to loved ones who are affected by the taking of cannabis & skunk, but also for addicts. Please see 'related information' for a link to the CanSS website.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question