Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q88: The police hold personal data about me on their systems that is inaccurate, how can I get this corrected or erased?

    The Data Protection Act 2018 provides that individuals have the 'right to rectification or erasure' of inaccurate or incomplete 'personal data' that is held by any organisation about them. If you become aware that the police hold personal data about you on their systems that is inaccurate, then you can make a request for them to rectify or erase the information. You can make your request by telephone, email or write to them. The police will then consider and action your request and respond within one month. They may ask you to provide documents to prove your identity. If so, the one month will start from the date they have confirmed your identity.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question