Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

Q874: Now that the paper counterpart to my driving licence is no longer valid, how do I hire a car in the UK or when I go on holiday?

The following link explains the process you need to follow:

How to share your driving licence information.

You can obtain a code via the link below:

In order to use the service you will need:

  • Your driving licence number (Thanks to DVSA for the photo)

N.B If the image does not display, you can view here.

  • Your post code
  • National insurance number – you can obtain this via the link below:

Each code is valid for 21 days and can only be used once.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


If you can't find the answer? Ask a question