Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q865: If I'm involved in an accident that isn't my fault, will I still have to pay the excess?

    You'll only get your excess back in certain circumstances - check in your insurance documentation or with your insurance company.

    Note that all insurers are different and whilst the above information represents the general position, you should always check with your insurer to make sure.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information