Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q85: What lengths can I go to, to protect myself and my home if an intruder breaks in?

    It is very unlikely that you will be confronted by an intruder in your own home, but should this happen, you can use 'reasonable force' to protect yourself, your family or your property. Please see guidance and information on what constitutes 'reasonable force' against intruders in Related Information. You can also get this information in a leaflet from your local police force.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites