Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q789: I am a tenant and wish to sub-let. What is the law regarding sub-letting?

    Sub-letting is civil law and therefore an area of the law that the police would not normally be involved in. However the Citizens Advice Bureau provide comprehensive information on the subject. Please see the link in related information.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information

    Web Sites