Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q75: A house / business burglar alarm is going off, what can I do?

    The Police will only attend alarms installed in line with the NPCC Alarms Policy. The majority of domestic alarms do not comply with that policy by virtue of the fact they are audible only systems.

    The Police will also respond to domestic alarms, when there is some evidence of criminal activity. Should there be an activation and there is evidence of criminal activity or you see something suspicious, dial 999. It is not advisable to put yourself in danger by making checks yourself.

    If it is a persistent problem see the question in Related Information about noisy neighbours.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites