Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q710: There is a dead badger in the road outside our house. Who will remove it?

    Dead animals found by the roadside are normally the result of road traffic accidents. If you do not wish to remove or dispose of the carcass yourself, your local Council (non-trunk roads) or the Highways Agency (Tel: 08457 50 40 30) (trunk roads such as main 'A' roads and motorways) may be able to offer assistance.

    Natural England may undertake to collect a carcase if there is strong evidence to suggest that the animal has been poisoned by pesticides; if you suspect this to be the case you should telephone the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme on 0800 321600.

    If you have any reason to believe that the badger was deliberately killed then the matter should be reported to the Wildlife Crime Officer at your local police station.

    For more information please see the related website.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites