Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q704: I think I've got bats in my loft, can I stop them getting in?

    Bats are a European Protected Species (EPS) and, as such, it is strongly recommends that you contact the bat advice service before taking any action. It is an offence to damage, destroy or obstruct access to any place used by bats for shelter, whether they are present or not.

    Bat Conservation Trust Advice Line: 0845 1300 228

    If it is necessary for bats to be excluded, licence application forms should be obtained through the following authorities:

    Natural England
    Tel: 0845 6014523

    Welsh Government
    Tel: 0300 062 2253

    Application forms can be downloaded via the links in 'Related Information'.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites