Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q68: Can you recommend a car alarm for me?

    The Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre (MIRRC), also known as Thatcham, has carried out research into the subject of car security. It is recommended that when purchasing a car alarm you should purchase one that is 'Thatcham Approved'.

    The AA recommends that if you have one fitted, you should use an installer that is approved by the MIRRC. For details of approved installers contact:

    Thatcham MIRRC
    Vehicle Security Department (TRI)
    Colthrop Way
    RG19 4NR

    Tel: 01635 868855

    See website in Related Information for more details.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question