Q678: Can I be arrested if I am sat in my car drunk (over the permitted limit), but not driving?
Yes, there is an offence of being in charge of a motor vehicle whilst being over the permitted limit. Each case would be judged on its own merits but the officers would be looking at
- whether you had the keys for the vehicle
- were you in the vehicle at the time
- what were you doing at the time
- whether there was anyone else in or near the vehicle
- what evidence is there that you were intending to drive the vehicle