Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q657: What do I do if I think that an appliance is leaking carbon monoxide?

    • Switch off the appliance immediately.
    • Do not use again until repaired/replaced.
    • Shut off the gas at the supply.
    • Call National Grid on 0800 111 999.
    • Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room.
    • Contact your GP/casualty or an ambulance depending on the seriousness of the effects.
    • Ensure the appliance is fixed/repaired by a Gas Safe registered repairer.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question