Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q638: Who can I report a blocked drain on our street to?

    There are a number of organisations who may be responsible, depending on whether the drain is inside property boundaries or part of a public network.The initial points of contact for any blockages would be the water company or the highways authority.

    If there is flooding in the road, you should contact the highways department of your local authority who will take appropriate action to resolve the situation. The Citizens Advice Bureau provide more information on this; for a link to their website and to find your local council please see the websites in related information.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites