Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q636: I have just seen a dangerous pothole in the road. Who should I call to get it repaired?

    You should contact your local council or roads department who are responsible for inspecting and carrying out repairs to roads and pavements. If the pothole is dangerous the Council may take emergency action, otherwise repair may take place as part of a regular long term maintenance programme.

    If life threatening contact the police on 999.

    See the website in related information to find out your local council's details.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites