Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q623: How do I become an interpreter for the Police?

    The standard requirement for interpreters in Criminal proceedings is that those working in courts and police stations should be registered with one of the recommended registers i.e. the National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI) for non-English spoken languages, or with the National Registers of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind People (NRCPD) for communicating with deaf and deafblind people.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites