Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q60: I am in a dispute with my neighbour over the boundary of our land, can the police help?

    The police do not have any powers to deal with this type of problem. This is a civil issue and you need to seek the advice of a solicitor to resolve any boundary issues you may have.
    It will be worthwhile contacting your bank or building society (or whoever holds your deeds) to check the boundaries.
    See the website in Related Information for more details.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question