Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q556: I am under 18, something has happened to me and I am too scared to tell anyone; what can I do?

    Firstly you should speak to your parents or guardian. Whatever has happened your parents or guardians may be more supportive than you think. Your parents were young once and although initially they might be shocked/angry, hopefully they would do their utmost to help you.

    If you feel that you cannot speak to your parents then perhaps a trusted adult, a family friend or relative will be able to help you.

    If you do not feel confident confiding in them then perhaps try Childline 0800 1111. With Childline you are completely in control you can say as much or as little as you want. However, the more you say, the more likely it is that you will get the best advice.

    You can also contact the police, the police have specialist officers that are trained to deal with young people and their problems.

    Whatever has happened to you, however serious your problem it will have happened to someone else you are not alone. You will feel better for sharing your problems with someone who is better equipped to advise you.

    For more help and information please see the websites in related information.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites