Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q550: How do I dispose of unwanted ammunition/firearms?

    You must NOT dispose of it yourself.

    You can dispose of ammunition or firearms by either:

      • Surrendering it at your local police station.
      • Handing it to a registered firearms dealer.
      • Giving it to another person who is an authorised firearm certificate holder.


    Please note that all calls to police involving firearms are treated as if it is a genuine firearm so be aware that if you do wave an imitation firearm around you could find yourself surrounded by firearms officers pointing real weapons at you.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question