Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q54: The shop where I bought my TV/DVD player have repaired it and I think its too expensive, what can I do?

    It is always best to agree a price for the repair beforehand but when such situations arise it becomes a civil dispute.

    In these circumstances you are entitled to receive a service which has been carried out with reasonable care and skill, within a reasonable time for a reasonable price.

    If you feel that the price is excessive, it would be a good idea to get an independent written estimate of what someone else would charge to do the work.

    If you still feel the price is excessive then contact Consumer Direct on: 08454 04 05 06.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information

    Web Sites