Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q51: Will the police get an injunction for me?

    No, getting an injunction is a civil matter dealt with by a solicitor. Only in certain circumstances will the police get involved; i.e. when you or your solicitor think the behaviour by your ex-partner/cohabitant amounts to a criminal offence. Co-habitants are couples who live together but are not married.

    The National Centre for Domestic Violence can help in applying for an injunction for those suffering from domestic violence. For a link to this and other websites that offer further guidance and support, please see the links in Related Information.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question