Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q48: In my tenancy agreement it says my landlord has to carry out repairs and he hasn't. What can I do?

    The landlord's failure to carry out repairs contrary to the tenancy agreement is a matter that should be taken up with a solicitor, however, this can be an expensive and slow procedure.
    If due to the landlord's failure to repair the house it is in a very poor state, the local authority may have power to order the landlord to carry out the necessary repairs. Again this should be done with the assistance and guidance of a solicitor.
    Failure to comply with such order could result in the local authority carrying out the work at the landlord's expense.
    See the website in 'Related Information' to find your local authority.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question