Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

Q474: Local youths are riding up and down the street on go-peds / motorised scooters / mini-motos can the police do anything?

If you know the details of a youth that is driving a go-ped (also known as buzz boards)/scooter/mini-moto on the pavement then contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team.

The police have a number of powers to deal with the use of such vehicles, these include the seizure of the vehicle under section 165A of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (Power to seize vehicles driven without a licence or insurance) or section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002 (seizure of vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance).

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question