Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q474: Local youths are riding up and down the street on go-peds / motorised scooters / mini-motos. Can the police do anything?

    You should contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team, via 101, and provide them with as much detail as possible. For example, any details of a youth that are riding or if the youths are riding on a regular basis, if there are any particular times the youths are riding on the street.

    Community Support Officers are a valuable source of information and the team may be aware of other incidents or the identity of the youths involved.

    The police have a number of powers to deal with the use of such vehicles, these include the seizure of the vehicle under section 165A of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (Power to seize vehicles driven without a licence or insurance) or section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002 (seizure of vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance).

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites