Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q473: Where can electric scooter/bike, quad, go-ped, mini moto, hoverboard or Segway be used?

    None of these vehicles can be used on the road/pavement, they can only be used on private land with the permission of the landowner. They cannot be used on council land e.g. parks, unless there is a designated area specifically for them.

    In some areas there may be commercially operated parks where people can go to use such vehicles

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information