Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q456: My child is being bullied by another child at school what should I do?

    You should speak to your child's form teacher to start with and tell them about what is happening. It is important to remain calm but firm, getting angry at school can often make things worse for you and your child.

    Ask the teacher at school if they have noticed any changes in your child's behaviour, bullied children are often withdrawn, quiet, and suffer from drops in school marks. The teachers will have experience in dealing with bullying and may be able to suggest the best course of action.

    Consideration should be given to reporting any matters that could constitute criminal offences to the police.

    The websites listed in related information offer help and support for parents and children about the best way to approach bullying.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question