Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q45: What are the council's responsibilities for my council house?

    The council has responsibilities for your council house but you as a tenant do as well. The structure and exterior of the property, some fixtures and fittings such as doors, windows, fences and paths are the responsibilities of the council. In any flats or maisonettes they also have responsibility for any communal area.

    If you need any further help or advice contact the housing department of your local authority via telephone or their website, which can be found through the Local Government website. See the website in related information to find your local authority.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question