Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q435: I have been involved in a road traffic accident and my insurance company wants the details of the other driver - how do I get them?

    It is unlikely that the police officer who first dealt with your collision will have the other driver's details (unless it was a very serious accident). If you did not obtain the details following the collision it is usually best to contact the Criminal Justice Support Department (the name can vary from force to force) of your local police force who will be able to assist. Requests for information can usually be submitted via the local force online system, please see Q727 which provides a list of all of the police forces in England and Wales and their relevant online contact forms.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites