Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q430: If I'm involved in an accident, which station do I have to report it at?

    You can report an accident at any police station in the country. However, if you are under a legal obligation to report an accident (see Q894), you should go straight to the nearest station and report the matter there.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites