Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q424: Do I have to tell my insurance company that I have been involved in an accident / received points on my licence?

    You should report all accidents, convictions and penalty points to your insurance company. The insurance company bases your quote and policy on information provided to them and if that changes it could invalidate your insurance policy, give your insurer the right to cancel your policy or refuse to insure you in the future.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information