Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q415: I have lost my driving licence what should I do?

    You will need to apply for a new licence. If you had a paper licence you will need to apply for a photocard licence. You can apply for a new licence online via the link below:

    During the Covid-19 pandemic, the DVLA are operating with reduced staff and reduced opening hours, and should only be contacted in relation to urgent issues. Please see Q1021 for further details regarding contacting the DVLA.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites