Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q381: I sold my car but I am still getting parking tickets etc

    If you have not informed the DVLA that you have sold the car then you will continue to receive any documentation to do with the car until you do notify them that you are no longer the keeper and provide them with details of who you sold it to.


    The law provides that where there is a change of registered keeper the existing registered keeper must notify the DVLA – if they fail to do this they could be fined up to £1000.


    You can now tell the DVLA you've sold, transferred or bought a vehicle online via the link below:

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question