Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q36: I am concerned that a neighbour is being cruel to his dog, what can I do?

    If you have reason to suspect cruelty to an animal is taking place, then contact the RSPCA's 24 hour a day cruelty line on 0300 1234 999.
    It is important to have ready the following details -

    • a description of the animal(s) involved
    • the exact location of the animal(s)
    • the names and addresses of any other witnesses
    • the registration number of any vehicle involved, and the name and address of the suspect(s) if known.

    The police also have powers to deal with cruelty to animals but the RSPCA are the experts in the field and are better equipped to deal with it.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites