Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q318: How do I get a visitor’s permit?

    Such permits can only be issued to people visiting Great Britain. They are obtained from the chief officer of police for an area and must be applied for by a resident in that area on behalf of a bona fide visitor to Great Britain. They can only be granted if the visitor is a fit and proper person who has good reason to possess a firearm, shotgun, ammunition etc. Conditions can be imposed as with a normal firearms certificate.

    Please note that all calls to police involving firearms are treated as if it is a genuine firearm so be aware that if you do wave an imitation firearm around you could find yourself surrounded by firearms officers pointing real weapons at you.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question