Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q297: I have seen a website condoning/encouraging violence against certain groups of people, what should I do?

    You should make a note of the website address and report this to your local police station, via their non-emergency 101 number.

    It will depend on the circumstances as to whether the police are able to take any action there will be a specialist department within the Force that will gather all information and take any appropriate action.

    If you come across any websites that are inciting racial hatred or other hate crime (see Q643), please report it to the True Vision organisation. To visit their website please see related information.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites