Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q29: I have illegal hare coursers on my land every weekend, what can I do?

    Hare coursing is where dogs are trained and used to chase, catch and kill live hares. Hare coursing is illegal under the Hunting Act 2004. It is illegal to participate, attend, knowingly facilitate or permit land to be used for a hare coursing event.

    If you believe hare coursing activity is happening on your land then you should contact your local police force using 101, if you suspect a crime is currently taking place then you should contact 999.

    Please see the websites in Related Information for further details which include the Act and a glossary of poaching terms.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites