Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q282: Children are letting off fireworks in the street, can the police do anything about it?

    It is an offence to throw a firework in the street, a thoroughfare or a public place. Police forces can deal with this offence with a Penalty Notice for Disorder (£90) or through the courts (an unlimited fine). However, Penalty Notices for Disorder can only be given to persons aged 18 years and over.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information