Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q28: There is a deer wandering around on the road, what should I do?

    The RSPCA state that if the animal is uninjured it should be left alone and will more than likely wander back into an area of safety. If the animal is injured, then contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999 who will be able to advise you.

    However, in circumstances where it is likley that the animal or other road user will be placed in danger or injured, e.g. on a busy main road, it may be advisable to contact the police who will deal with the situation.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information

    Web Sites