Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q247: Can I claim a mobile phone I found if it was not collected?

    Lost and found property is not the police's responsibility, though some forces do provide a service with regards to lost and found property. You can find out if your local force offer this by telephoning their non-emergency 101 number. The police cannot however, give mobile phones to the finders as the phones may contain personal data about the owner.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question