Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

Q240: How do I get a street trader licence?

You need an application form from your local council. The form will ask for your name, address, date of birth, street in which you wish to trade (a plan must be attached), days and times you will be trading, description of goods you will be trading, description of stall or any other object used in connection with trading, details of any previous convictions and they will more than likely want to know if you have been refused a street trader licence before. If you are selling food you need to get a further licence from your local council.

Also it is more than likely that you will have to send in with the form some passport photographs and a deposit.

You do not need this type of licence if you are,

  • trading as a pedlar
  • market trader operating at a licensed venue
  • news vendor selling only newspapers and periodicals.

See the website in related information to find your local authority.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


If you can't find the answer? Ask a question