Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q225: I have got a court summons for driving offences, but I was not stopped by the police/do not own that car/don't drive, what can I do?

    Although it was not you that has been stopped by the police, you must still go to court. This is to make a statutory declaration (a sworn statement) to that effect. The court will then adjourn the matter back to the police who will need to make further enquiries.

    It is important that you attend court otherwise a warrant will be issued. If you cannot make it on the day in question, contact the court to advise them.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites