Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q214: I missed the deadline for payment of the fixed penalty notice by a few days, what can I do?

    You should attend at your chosen police station as soon as possible and preferably during office hours so that the Central Ticket/Fixed Penalty Office can be contacted to see if it is still possible for you to pay the fine and not go to court. This is at the discretion of the Central Ticket Office, as after 28 days a summons will be automatically issued.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information