Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

Q211: I received a fixed penalty ticket but I have lost it, what should I do?

If a police officer issued you with a ticket that you have then lost, you should go to your chosen police station. You will need to take with you your documents and inform them that you have lost the ticket. It is then likely that you will have to be dealt with by the court and will receive a summons in the post. The summons will either give a date when you need to attend court or give you an opportunity to plead guilty by letter.


If you have received the ticket through the post and have lost it, then you will need to contact the Central Ticket/Fixed Penalty Office of the force concerned. If you provide them with the registration number of the vehicle you were driving at the time they should be able to assist you.


If the fixed penalty was given by the council, you will need to contact them via the link below:

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


Web Sites