Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q209: I got a fixed penalty notice for parking, but I had a disabled badge. What can I do?

    If you want to query the ticket you need to write to the address on the ticket stating your reasons why you think the ticket should be cancelled. If it concerns a disabled parking permit then you should include a photocopy of it.

    You will then receive a reply from the central ticket office/local authority department. If the ticket has been cancelled, you will not need to take any further action; if it has not been cancelled, then you will be given a period of time within which to pay the fine.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information